Snowbasin will be opening in just under a week, November 22nd, for Skiing and Snowboarding conditions permitting. The annual Thanksgiving Dinner at Earl’s Lodge has sold out!, but food will be served from a limited menu at Needles Lodge on Thanksgiving Day.
We will be updating lift ticket pricing, trail openings and conditions early next week.
Its that time of year again the temps are getting colder, you have already gone Trick or Treating and winter is upon us. So we thought to put together a couple of fun things you should consider when getting ready to come to Snowbasin on opening day.
Preparing for opening day :
- Snowboards & skis need to go to the spa, this means, give them a fresh wax and edge tune so they are ready to cruise on opening day.
- Layout your winter clothes: coat, pants, gloves, goggles, hat, face mask, socks, under-armor, and boots. Now make sure there are no spiders or bugs in your gear and get ready to roll in the snow.
- Have you purchased your season pass yet? If not, better get online, punch in those digits and print out that receipt so you can treat yourself to numerous days on the snow.
- Charge up that personal camera, smart phone and or POV camera, it’s almost time to make memories on the mountain again and an actual photo or video captures the moment better than your mind.
- Time to put the ski rack back on your car, or move the seats down so your equipment has room to ride with you to the mountain.
We look forward to seeing you all on the mountain this year!
Snowbasin will be hosting their annual Thanksgiving dinner at Earl’s Lodge Thursday November 22nd from 10:30 am until 6:00 pm. In addition to the traditional Thanksgiving cuisine our chef’s will serve up top round of beef, grilled pork loin, house smoked salmon and roasted season squash, as well as a crepe station and nine decadent desserts. Click HERE to view our menu. Come and celebrate! Reservations are strongly recommended 801.620.1021.
$45 for Adults 12 and Up
$15 for Kids 6-11
Free for 6 and under
Snowbasin Resort will be starting its 2011.2012 winter season this Thursday November 24th. We will begin the season with 12″+ of new snow since Friday night and with extensive snowmaking Snowbasin will be boasting a base averaging between 18-24 inches on top to bottom runs.
Two lifts will be operating: Needles Gondola and Little Cat Express Quad, and the following runs will be groomed: Sweet Revenge, Bear Hollow, Snowshoe, Powder Puff, School Hill, Strawberry Traverse, Middle Bowl Traverse and Porcupine Traverse. The “RailGarden” terrain park will be open as well offering up to 9 rail features with more terrain and lifts to open as early as this weekend. Early day ticket rates will be offered starting at $34 for Youth through $58 for Adults.
Please ride with care as there will still be many obstacles on adjacent runs as well as hidden under the surface. For safety, hiking is no longer being permitted because of snowmaking, avalanche control, and grooming on the mountain. The ticket windows will open at 8:30 a.m. For more information, call 801.620.1000. For more information on snow conditions, call the Snow Report Hotline at 801.620.1100, or visit: www.snowbasin.com.
Help the Snowbasin park crew break in the 2011.2012 Rail Garden on Saturday Nov 26th. This is not a contest its a jam that people can sign up for throw some tricks and maybe get a prize. Sign up in Earl’s lodge between 9:00 and 10:30 am. The rail jam will be held between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm at the Rail Garden park in front of Earl’s Lodge. So come to Snowbasin and have a great time getting some tricks on lock first thing this season.
Snowbasin is proud to announce on Tuesday October 26th we started snowmaking for the 2011/2012 season. As long as temperatures permit Snowbasin will keep making snow for the projected Thanksgiving Day opening on November 24th.