Job Title: F&B Server
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports To: Lodge Manager/Bar Services Manager
Prepared Date: September
Status: Full or Part Time Seasonal
NOTE: This job description shall not be construed as a contract for employment.
As a member of the F&B team, the F&B server is instrumental in fulfilling the short/long term goals for the property and executing the F&B philosophy and brand. This position is responsible for creating an atmosphere that will inspire guests and associates to return through the viewpoint of service is selling and selling is service. The individual will instill a strong atmosphere of service excellence in order to promote self-motivation and will redirect performance as soon as discrepancies are observed/experienced from the perspective of the manager. The server will add to the overall experience for the guest. A key part of every employee’s job is to serve as a Snowbasin ambassador, engaging the guest at every opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Read, understand and abide by the employee handbook and resort & department polices & procedures; including recycling policy.
2. Maintain a positive work environment by working and communicating in a courteous and professional manner with all guests, co-workers and vendors.
3. Maintain awareness of all safety, state & federal sanitation and security procedures relevant to the department and property. Ensure department members are familiar with and adhere to them as well.
4. Maintain awareness of resort, reservations, group business and special requests or functions and their potential effect on the operations.
5. Understanding and knowledge of beverage with ability to upsell
6. Basic Bar Skills
7. Superior people skills with a professional attitude and a professional appearance
8. 100% cash accuracy – works with cash office to correct deficiencies immediately
9. Proper use of POS including product and payment methods
10. Product knowledge of all food and beverage menus – ability to make suggestions to guests and add personality to the guest experience
11. Personal invitations to our guests to try new products and engage in new experiences
12. Perform any reasonable tasks as requested by management.
13. Exceed required standards/goals to achieve superior guest service
14. Required to work in banquets, cashier, BBQ as needed.
15. Maintains cleanliness of facility
16. Actively greets all of our guests and thanks them on departure
17. Maintains required inventories and par stock levels in coolers and racks
18. Attend and contribute to required meetings and training classes.
Coffee & espresso machine
Drink, Food, and Menu knowledge
Mop & Dishwasher — Broom
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY:
1. Protect the safety of self, co-workers, and Snowbasin Resort guests at all times.
2. Promptly report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor and/or appropriate department(s).
3. Report safety-related accidents and incidents at once to immediate supervisor and appropriate department(s), following documented procedures.
4. Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Resort’s Occupational Safety & Health Compliance Manual and department-specific procedures or manuals.
5. Operate equipment in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others.
6. Drive in accordance with the law and Snowbasin Resort policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Skilled Level. Must possess good knowledge of service and food & beverage products and have worked in a fast-paced service environment for one year.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have or obtain TIPS, food handlers
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand most of the day; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.