Job Title: Rental Technicians
Department: Rentals & Repair
Reports To: Rental Shop Manager
Request Date: September
Status: Seasonal Full Time & Seasonal Part Time
NOTE: This job description shall not be construed as a contract for employment.
Provides guest services related to the proper selection, fitting, renting and selling of a variety of winter sports equipment and accessories. Assists in numerous functions related to maintaining efficient and high-quality shop operations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
• Have the desire to get new skiers/riders into the proper equipment.
• Fit Boots, Skis, Snowboards and/or Poles to guest satisfaction
• Ensure guests are well-equipped for a day on the mountain
• Remain current on new industry products and trends while demonstrating knowledge of products
• Demonstrate proper knowledge of company cash handling policies and procedure
• Arrive on time, with proper, clean uniform and appearance
• Maintain rental fleet and inventory
• Assist with tracking equipment and inventory regularly.
• Assist management with prevention of theft, both internally and externally.
• Maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
• Look for ways to improve processes, guest experience and employee experience regularly.
• Perform other duties as assigned
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY:
• Protect, promote, and train safety to self, co-workers, and Snowbasin Resort guests at all times.
• Promptly report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate manager
• Report safety-related accidents and incidents at once to immediate manager and appropriate department(s), following documented procedures.
• Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Resort’s Occupational Safety & Health Compliance Manual and department-specific procedures or manuals.
• Operate equipment /Tools in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others.
• Drive in accordance with the law and Snowbasin Resort policies.
• Basic computer skills
• Strong customer service skills
• English fluency – required
• Friendly, personable and comfortable working with people
• Ability to work a flexible schedule; including some nights and weekends – required
• Experience with rental POS systems – preferred
• Passion for the snowsports industry – preferred
• Disciplined, responsible and accountable.
• Ability to motivate staff and lead by positive example
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma required.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Experience and knowledge of rental software systems preferred.
• Experience with ski and snowboard tuning and binding adjustments required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must pass ski manufacturers’ binding certification (on-the-job training provided)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Ability to lift boots, bindings and skis frequently throughout each shift.
• Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
• Ability to operate all tuning equipment and general tools.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time while assisting guest needs.