Job Title: F&B Haul Cat Operator
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports To: Purchasing Manager, Executive Sous Chef
Prepared Date: 10/1/14
Status: Full Time Seasonal
NOTE: This job description shall not be construed as a contract for employment.
As a member of the F&B team, the F&B HAUL CAT OPERATOR is instrumental in fulfilling the short/long term goals for the property and executing the F&B philosophy and brand. This position is responsible for creating an atmosphere that will inspire guests and associates to return through the dedicated care of stocking, receiving deliveries, making deliveries, recycling, organization, careful & safe equipment operation, and speed. The individual will instill a strong atmosphere of service excellence in order to promote self-motivation and will redirect performance as soon as discrepancies are observed/experienced from the perspective of the Purchasing Manager and the Executive Sous Chef. A key part of every employee’s job is to serve as a Snowbasin ambassador, engaging the guest at every opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Read, understand and abide by the employee handbook and resort & department polices & procedures; including recycling policy.
2. Maintain a positive work environment by working and communicating in a courteous and professional manner with all guests, co-workers and vendors.
3. Maintain awareness of safe equipment operation, mountain travel access, weather conditions, and snow surface conditions and visibility.
4. Maintain awareness of all safety, state & federal sanitation and security procedures relevant to the department and property. Ensure department members are familiar with and adhere to them as well.
5. Works with Vehicle maintenance department communicating equipment challenges while regularly working with the mountain operations team and the night Cat Operators.
6. Maintain awareness of resort, reservations, group business and special requests or functions and their potential effect on the operations.
7. Perform any reasonable tasks as requested by management including maintenance.
8. Stocking shelves, coolers, and support the supply chain of the top lodges
9. Maintains impeccable cleanliness of work station and working care of equipment
10. Actively greets all guests and employees when required
11. Maintains required inventories and par stock levels in work area
12. Makes deliveries to the resort top lodges and puts them away in their appropriate areas with care
13. Returns recycling to base area in appropriate sorting bins
14. Works with engineering to deliver proper tools and equipment when needed
15. Maintains proper wood for cooking and for fireplaces at all lodges
16. Works with culinary managers and FOH managers at top lodges to satisfy their concerns and needs.
17. Makes other on mountain deliveries as assigned.
18. Attend and contribute to required meetings and training classes.
19. Culinary Excellence – ‘Own your Zone’
Bombardier Snow Cat
Drop Gate, Harnesses, Tie Downs, and Dollies
Fundamentals of mechanical/moving parts
Multiple carts and dollies
Mop & cleaning products – Broom
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY:
1. Protect the safety of self, co-workers, and Snowbasin Resort guests at all times.
2. Promptly report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor and/or appropriate department(s).
3. Report safety-related accidents and incidents at once to immediate supervisor and appropriate department(s), following documented procedures.
4. Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Resort’s Occupational Safety & Health Compliance Manual and department-specific procedures or manuals.
5. Operate and maintain moving equipment and cats in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Entry level. Must have Snow Cat operating experience. Food & Beverage experience preferred.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Be able to use reason for utilizing the most efficient and effective way to move stock utilizing tools/dollies given.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have valid state issued Driver’s License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk most of the day; walk; sit in Driver’s Seat of Snowcat, shovel, brush, use small tools, carry boxes, and push carts. The employee is occasionally required to lift above head, sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and sometimes more.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, vehicle accidents, toxic or caustic chemicals, wind, snow, icy surfaces, and extreme heat/cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, vibration, and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.