Now Hiring: Snowsports Learning Center Director
Snowsports Learning Center Director
The primary function of the Snowsports Learning Center Director is to oversee all the daily functions of the Snowbasin Learning Center. He/She will develop and implement programs that are guest oriented and profitable for the Learning Center, its’ instructors and Snowbasin Resort. He/She will work towards creating the best possible environment for assigning and evaluating ski or snowboard lessons and instructors. The Director will work with supervisors, instructors and other employees to provide a Snowsports experience that is on brand with the Snowbasin Resort and creates experiences of a lifetime.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recognize that service is our product and helping guests have great experiences is our primary goal.
- Interview, hire and train a staff that will exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Develop goals and objectives for the department that continuously improve the guest experience while providing a financially responsible experience.
- Develop and implement a Snowsports budget that sets sound financial targets and measurements.
- In conjunction with other Senior Staff establish relevant programs, schedules & costs on a yearly basis.
- Establish a training schedule for staff and monitor the effectiveness of that training.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and performance appraisals of Snowsports supervisors.
- Oversee the supervisors coaching, mentoring and appraisals of instructors.
- Monitor and/or assist with work schedule development.
- Insure that all instruction includes teaching of safety and skier/snowboarder responsibility
- Manage and update RTP computer system for new hire, payroll, scheduling & reservations. Must have the necessary computer skills for all administrative duties.
- Evaluate and modify Snowsports policies & procedures to the benefit of the Learning Center, Snowbasin Resort and the guests
- Interact with guests and customers of the Resort in a friendly and accommodating manner.
- Successfully mediate emotionally charged situations with employees and guests.
- Insure departmental compliance with the Snowbasin Resort Handbook and Snowbasin procedures, including grooming, dress code and behavioral standards.
- Appreciate that teamwork is essential for the success of the guest, the Snowsports Learning Center and the Resort
- Cooperate with all resort departments, employees & coworkers in the performance of their duties
- Conduct relevant daily instructor meetings that convey essential information to the staff in a timely manner.
- Initiate and/or approve any departmental purchases
- Communicate and promote ski/snowboard school and any of its upcoming clinics and programs
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manger or as appropriate to meet the goals of the department and company
Criteria for Evaluation:
The Snowsports Learning Center Director is evaluated on performance of duties, leadership ability, communication skills, guest service, attitude, attendance and punctuality, attire and grooming, initiative, instructor feedback, skiing/riding ability and improvement, relations with coworkers and guests, technical knowledge, willingness to improve, PSIA & AASI certifications, professionalism and decision making.
The Snowsports Learning Center Director reports directly to the General Manager of Snowbasin Resort and is part of Snowbasin Resort’s management team.
The Snowsports Learning Center Director must demonstrate excellent communication skills and have a passion for actively engaging coworkers and guests. He/She must be able to adapt to all situations, be willing to learn, grow and improve. The Director must maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm on the job; be able to work long and irregular hours including weekends and holidays.
Send Resume with Cover Letter to: email@example.com