Intro to Avalanches with the UAC
Snowbasin Resort is teaming up with Amer Sports and Utah Avalanche Center to offer a Intro to Avalanches Class.
What: Learn how to safely travel outside the resort boundaries. This workshop begins with a three hour evening class followed by an on-the-snow field day. Taught by Craig Gordon and several others from the Utah Avalanche Center and members of Snowbasin Ski Patrol. Plan to learn the following:
· Understanding types of avalanches and how they happen
· How weather affects avalanche risk
· How to identify and avoid avalanche terrain
· Using the local avalanche forecast to understand current conditions
· Identifying dangerous avalanche conditions in the field
· Safe travel protocol
· Understanding how we make decisions in the backcountry
· Companion rescue techniques
Where – Thursday 6-9 pm at Amer, Saturday 8:30 to 4:00 at Snowbasin Resort
When- Thur February 6th (indoors) and Saturday February 8th (on the snow)
Cost- $50 (does not include lift ticket). Registration is limited to 25 people.
For more information or to sign up click the following link: Intro to Avalanches